Global Gaming is growing rapidly, and we are now looking to expand our team with AML-compliance expertise. As our MLRO, you will be part of the Compliance team and report to the Head of Compliance.
We offer you a stimulating work environment and an opportunity to broaden your knowledge base and develop professionally within our growing organisation.
As MLRO at Global Gaming, it’s your responsibility to supervise, advise and take decisions in all AML-related matters. Typical duties:
• Develop, initiate, maintain and revise policies and procedures of the Company and its related activities to ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
• Manage day-to-day operation of the compliance and MLRO function, including coordinating implementation of and adherence to the compliance manual of the Company.
• Manage incoming SAR’s, including investigation, collection and reporting in collaboration with authorities/FIU and maintain the SAR-registry.
• Advise and assist the Company on compliance and AML matters.
• Monitor procedures and practices to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal systems of control.
• Keep track of changes in applicable laws and regulations and provide guidance to the Company on existing and proposed regulatory changes.
• Work with other departments, regulators, authorities and external service providers on legal and compliance issues.
• Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans and provide general guidance to the Company on these matters.
• Prepare regular reports to Management and the Head of Compliance on compliance and AML matters.
• Develop an effective training program, including for new and current employees, managers and the board.
Who you are
You have relevant compliance and AML-experience from gaming, banking, or legal practice, perhaps from a management position. You are familiar with the compliance terminology and have knowledge of regulatory requirements, as well as experience of writing policy processes and action plans.
You communicate fluently in English, both written and oral. Knowledge of Swedish considered an asset.
A strong sense of integrity and maturity are essential since you will be handling sensitive information.
You are thorough, organised and have the ability to multi-task and handle peaks of heavy workload.
Global Gaming is growing rapidly, therefore it is important that you are open-minded and can adapt to a fast-changing environment. You are a team player with a genuine interest in AML-legislation, framework and business processes.
Today, we have 17 different nationalities represented at our three offices. We welcome all applicants and strive for diversity.
For further information
Please contact Recruitment Consultants Annie Höjman email@example.com and Charlotta Berlin firstname.lastname@example.org
About Global Gaming
The Global Gaming Group is an innovative company in the gaming industry and has delivered flexible solutions for the global iGaming industry for a decade. With the main office located in Malmö, Sweden and subsidiaries in Estonia and Malta, we operate a number of successful online gaming brands primarily in the Nordics. We offer innovative, secure and high-quality gaming products and services. Our latest innovation is changing the way people play online and has put the company on the map as industry leaders.
Global Gaming offers a generous bonus system, a good health care/fitness package and competitive pay. Global Gaming holds international group meetings twice a year, giving all staff an opportunity to meet/greet and have fun together.
The Global Gaming culture emphasizes employee development, a non-hierarchical working environment and welcomes innovative ideas, opinions and creative thinking.
Find out more at career.globalgaming.com.